COMPANY: Sicangu Community Development Corporation
POSITION: Kindergarten Educator
REPORT: Community Development Education Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Must hold State Certification
LENGTH OF TERM YEAR: 189.5 Days
POSITION TITLE: Elementary Teacher
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide instruction and teachings in the medium language of WT; Lakota language
2. Participate in curriculum review and design.
3. Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
4. Diagnose and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
5. Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
6. Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
7. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
8. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
9. Effectively implement WT initiatives.
10. Effectively collaborate with WT leadership and other Educators.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Abide by tribal and state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
2. Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administration or supervisor.
3. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
4. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law.
5. Serve on committees as assigned.
6. Remain current on instructional practices in education. (e.g. instructional technology)
Other duties as assigned.
POSTED: APRIL 2ND, 2020
Share this Job